Thursday, June 30, 2011


 Greetings y'all! Today marks one week and 1 day before Hollis Ann and my mom arrive in Kuala Lumpur! I am so excited!!! :D I miss my family so much, they miss me too- especially Josiah. I was talking to my mom the other day over my iPod and Josiah was there. My mom let him use the phone at which point he asked in the cutest way possible, "will you come here and sleep in your bed?" SO CUTE! Then, the other day he told my sister Marti (the accomplished viola and violin player) 'not to touch his violin!!!' 


Yes, I know, my brother is the cutest :) Actually, all of my siblings are absolutely amazing. They are also amazing at everything- including driving me nuts more than occasionally! 






This morning, I bought a copy of "Amarillo by Morning" and subsequently decided to write a parody for my vlog. As soon as I get everything finalized I'll record me singing it and upload it to youtube! Without further ado, here are the lyrics: 


Amarillo by Morning Parody
By Lisa Hands



Amarillo by morning, up from K. Lumpur
Everything that I've got is somewhere on the plane.
When that sun is high in the Texas sky
I'll be chillin' with my family there.
Amarillo by morning, Amarillo I'll be there.

I went to Thailand in April, bought some gifts here and there
Lost my water and chicken, somewhere along the way
Well I've met many friends and seen most states
Now, I'm just ready to be back at mine
Amarillo by morning, Amarillo's on my mind

Amarillo by morning, up from K. Lumpur 
Everything that I've got, is somewhere on the plane 
I'll be looking for friends when I leave that gate
I miss beef, but not for long
Amarillo by morning, Amarillo's where I'll be.
Amarillo by morning, Amarillo's where I'll be.

 leave me a comment if you have any comments or suggestions :) 

Also today, my aunt and I decided we needed to celebrate, so we went and got "free coffee" at Sweet Recipes, a wonderful place where you can get cheesecake! We had a marvelous time hanging out while eating cake and drinking coffee (actually the coffee was a horrid idea...).  
Night y'all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment