Wednesday, July 13, 2011

My "Five" (twenty) Awesome Things I did Today!

I know I haven't posted lately, and I'm sorry for that; but I haven't had too much wifi :/ I have some now though, so I will do my "'five' things!"

1.  Around 6am we went on a walk and saw (literally) thousands of bats hanging in the trees across from our hotel.
2.  Ate amazing food and drank fresh orange juice and coconut water!
3.  Saw Angkor Wat, from a distance, in a HOT AIR BALLOON!
4.  We rode around the Bayon Temple atop elephants! [We met a guy from South Africa who was NOT bothered by bugs-He rode on an elephant with a guy who was able to play music using nothing but a leaf!]
5.  Took pictures at the North Gate
6.  Accidentally took pictures with what we found out were statues of demons, then one with the 'gods'
7.  We took pictures at Beng Melea
8.  Handed out crackers to various needy people.
9.  We went to Ta Prohm where the oh so famous tree on top of the temple is located.
10. We were mobbed by people trying to sell us souvenirs
11.  We enjoyed going to the Central Market where I bought more awesome pants!
12.  We went to the Museum that houses 1000 Buddas. Let me tell you, you've seen one, you've seen 'em all!
13.  We had high tea at the hotel! It was amazingly wonderful! We had a simply marvelous time drinking tea and trying all of the different treats.
14.  We went swimming in the pool while my mom took pictures of us! :D
15.  Played in the pool after my mom brought the electronics inside because it looked like it was about to rain.
16. Saw thousands of bats flying above and around the hotel while we were swimming
17. We ate desserts made from lotus fruits, learned the art of folding the petals of the lotus flower, and laughed at each others oddities in flower folding.
18.  Ate free snacks and ordered watermelon juice
19. Sang some songs to the pianist's playing
20.  Came back into our room and tasted Wonderfarm's Tra Bi Dao tea (Winter melon tea). It did not taste delicious.

Those are the 20 awesome things I did today! Enjoy! I'll try to try more as soon as I possibly can!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like an amazing day! besides the Tra Bi Dao tea... :P

    ReplyDelete